Update supporting UTF-8, scanned documents, and multi-size PDFs
The A.nnotate.com site has now been updated. New features for PDF annotation include:
- International character sets now supported (UTF-8) for multi-language documents and notes
- Annotate scanned, image based PDFs as well as text based PDFs.
- Support for PDF documents which contain pages of multiple sizes and orientations
- Faster import from Microsoft Word and OpenOffice formats
- The web snapshot tool from your documents page now lets you annotate any PDF or Word document on the web by pasting a URL link (this also works for links to web pages)
There is now also a simple way to export your notes on a page as plain text; the Tools > Plain notes menu option in the top right of your documents page shows your notes in a new window, where you can copy / paste into other applications.
More info at A.nnotate.com.
Information for existing users of A.nnotate
You might need to clear your browser cache and/or press the browser reload button in order to fetch the latest version of the A.nnotate code; please let us know if you run in to any problems with upgrading to the latest version.